[slime-devel] password handling

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Jun 6 15:00:06 UTC 2005

Christian Lynbech wrote:
>For shell buffers, I have solved this problem by indentifying the
>shell modes filter function
>    (defadvice term-emulate-terminal (after
>term-emulate-terminal-advice activate)

Interesting hook function, but did you know that comint provides M-x send-invisible to that effect?

M-x send-invisible asks for the hidden text to be sent to the process, echos * instead in the echo area and does not keep input in the history (but still in C-h l aka. view-lossage).

It works in comint, inf-lisp and all other modes that are based on comint (originally called cmushell/cmulisp.el by Olin Shivers around 1992).

Of course, send-invisible does not work in slime either, so the problem still remains.

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle.