[slime-devel] M-. (Meta-dot) Question

David Steuber david at david-steuber.com
Thu Jun 2 10:29:23 UTC 2005

Hi Slimers,

I've recently started using the M-. and find it very useful for jumping
from a function call to the function definition in the same file.
However, when the function is a generic function, a small window opens
at the bottom to give me a choice of methods to jump to.  So far so
good.  I hit RET and the definition pops up in my editor buffer.  But
then when I hit Q, I'm right back to where I was before.  I would like
to be able to navigate to the method, not just see it.  What's the
magic key?

Thanks.

BTW, I'm using Carbon Emacs built around March 20 from CVS, OS X 10.3.9
and slime is 2005-05-20 or thereabouts (C-c C-t in the REPL seems to
loose the date stamp).