[slime-devel] LOAD-SYSTEM and stealing file locks

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Wed Jun 1 15:29:21 UTC 2005

>On 5/26/05, Peter Seibel <peter at gigamonkeys.com> wrote:
>> I've recently noticed that when I do a ,load-system and Emacs offers
>> to save modified files, it complains about the files being locked by
>> another process and asking if I want to steal the lock etc. However
>> the PID it gives is in fact my Emacs process. So I wonder if SLIME is
>> doing something funny under the covers--I can't imagine what but I
>> finally correlated this with usin ,load-system so I'm hoping someone
>> here might just know what's going on.

Me too, and I hadn't even noticed that this misbehaviour involved slime, I thought my UNIX box was misconfigured! I'm using Emacs-21.3 with slime-1.2.1 on Ubuntu/Hoary/Debian Linux-686.

I want to test slime with clisp-native-win32 as well, but I fear I'll have to wait until I have resources to build a new win32-clisp, because the one I have there may be too old.

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle