[slime-devel] slime-apropos now reports macros as such, not as functions

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Wed Jun 1 11:25:09 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Thank you for putting up the 1.2.1 release of slime (with many improvemements over 1.0).
Thank you for having done it just recently so that I can send in patches based on that, without having trouble with CVS (I cannot connect to the CVS server from behind a corp. firewall).  Nevertheless, I checked with both a FAIRLY-STABLE and a daily snapshot that the regions I patched haven't been modified since then.

Here's the first of a series of patches.

I was tired of having SLIME report loads of macros and special operators as functions, so I changed it for sbcl, cmucl and clisp.

sbcl is untested, because I only have 0.8.17 here, but the code is identical to cmucl.

I'm sorry not to have provided blind patches for allegro, mcl, lw etc. Separating special-operators from macros requires some implementation-dependent tweaking. For example, LOCALLY and WHEN both declare themselves as macro-function and special-operator-p in CLISP, and this is conforming to CL. I chose to have them both report as macros in CLISP.

I believe the cmucl code is the most generic and can serve as a model for the other implementations.

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle.