[slime-devel] Compilation woes

Espen Wiborg espenhw at grumblesmurf.org
Wed Jun 1 07:49:22 UTC 2005

It turns out that Corman Lisp has real difficulties dealing with
compilation.  Sometimes the compilation fails, other times the loading
of compiled files falls over.

My proposed fix: Add the following to swank-loader.lisp just before
the call to compile-files-if-needed-serially:

#+cormanlisp
(defun compile-files-if-needed-serially (files)
  "Corman Lisp has trouble with compiled files, so load them from source
instead."
  (dolist (file files)
    (load file :verbose t)))

Thus loading swank from source.  This works just fine (and is just as
fast, if not faster, than loading fasl files).

Is this accepted style, or should I do this some other way?

And if it is accepted style, should I #-cormanlisp the first
definition of compile-files-if-needed-serially?

--
Espen Wiborg <espenhw at grumblesmurf.org>
Meddle not in the affairs of wizards,