[slime-devel] Re: feture suggjestion

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri Jun 24 09:09:52 UTC 2005

Gerd Flaig <gefla at pond.sub.org> writes:

> Knut Olav Bøhmer <bohmer at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> killing threads in a infinite loop is like killing any other thread.
>> slime-list-threads (C-c C-x t)
>> then arrow up and down to your (un)favorite thread of choice, then press "k".
>
> now I'm confused. I typed the following in a buffer named foo.lisp:
>
>    (defun endless () (endless))

this, under certain compiler optimizations, will overflow the stack.

>    (endless)
>
> After the defun, I did C-c C-c and after the (endless) C-x C-e. CPU
> load goes to 100% as expected, but C-c C-x t only shows
>
>   1: Initial                   Run
>
> and no other threads. Superior lisp is Cmucl in my case. What
> implementation are you using?

you didn't create a new thread here. you've sent your only thread into
an infinite loop (whcih isn't a great idea).

try something like this:

(mp::startup-idle-and-top-level-loops) ; not need if you're running under slime

(mp:make-process (lambda () (loop)) :name "kill me now")

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.