[slime-devel] CLISP on Windows?

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Sat Jun 18 18:30:53 UTC 2005

So I was under the impression that CLISP and Slime Just Worked on Windows.
However I'm trying to build the CLISP lispbox and it's not quite working. As far
as I can tell the call to comint-send-string in slime-start-swank-server is not
doing much. If I manually call (swank:start-server ...) in the *inferior-lisp*
buffer, passing it the name of the file that slime is polling, everything starts
up fine. Is there some obvious reason why that might not be working. I'm using
the vanilla win32 binaries of CLISP (2.33.2) and Emacs (21.3) supplied by their
respective developers and the 1.2.1 tar of SLIME.

-Peter