[slime-devel] password handling

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Fri Jun 10 18:00:33 UTC 2005

Christian Lynbech <christian.lynbech at ericsson.com> writes:

> Is there a simple way to stuff strings back into slime?

You could do: (swank::eval-in-emacs `(read-passwd "Password: ")) on
the Lisp side.  But the password would still be visible in the
*slime-events* buffer.

> For shell buffers, I have solved this problem by indentifying the
> shell modes filter function and (this on the meacs side) adding the
> advice

  "Some people, when confronted with a problem, think ``I know, I'll use
   regular expressions.'' Now they have two problems." - jwz

I'm not so excited about adding a lot of regexp filters.