[slime-devel] Re: M-p/M-n doesn't move to the note in cvs slime and xemacs

Raymond Toy raymond.toy at ericsson.com
Thu Jun 9 15:29:32 UTC 2005

Helmut Eller wrote:

> slime-find-next-note is the relevant function, but it wasn't changed
> since a long time.  slime-remove-old-overlays was changed recently,
> but it is hard to see how that could influence M-n/M-p.  Also have
> look at the *slime-events* buffer to see what the actual filename is:
> search for swank:compiler-notes-for-emacs.

I've looked into this a bit more, finally.  I stepped through
slime-find-next-note and friends and what I see is that in
slime-find-note, funcall of next-candicate-fn returns a value pointing
to the end of the buffer.  Hence, no more notes.

next-candidate-fn is next-single-char-property-change so perhaps the
overlay changes are causing this failure.

I'll poke around some more.

Ray