[slime-devel] Re: [Fix] Slime-1.2.1-Clisp-2.34-Win32 (XP)

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Tue Jul 26 15:28:35 UTC 2005

Hi,
Luke Gorrie wonders:
>"VAUCHER Laurent" <VAUCHER at fermat.fr> writes:
>> 92c92
>> <        (funcall (find-symbol "gETcURRENTpROCESSiD" :win32)))
>> ---
>> >        (funcall (find-symbol "GetCurrentProcessId" :win32)))
>
>is this different between cygwin and win32 versions? should we check
>for each in swank-clisp?

No. Inverted case derives from the documentation on so-called MODERN packages via DEFPACKAGE or MAKE-PACKAGE in CLISP. Of course, there's no guarantee (i.e. documentation) that the package named "WIN32" uses modern mode.
http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/pack-dict.html#defpack

Remember that this excursion to GetCurrentProcessId is only needed for clisp <2.34. Since CVS May 2005, you can use sys::process-id in all implementations of CLISP.

BTW, I promised you a patch around the getpid issue, but that has to wait until my laptop comes out of repair.

What about
(and (find-package "WIN32")
     (read-from-string "WIN32:GetCurrentProcessId")) to not suffer from sLurdYCaPS?

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle.