[slime-devel] Re: specifying charset of a file to compile

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Mon Jul 11 17:29:18 UTC 2005

frederic.gobry at epfl.ch (Frédéric Gobry) writes:

> Just a naive question: are there cases where slime-coding and coding
> would be different?

Probably not, but I guess a common value for coding is "utf-8" which
does not specify the eol convention.  Emacs fills the eol convention
in with some heuristics.  Unfortunately it's a bit boring to implement
the same heuristic in SLIME that does the same in all the different
Emacsen.  So I went the simple route and made a fresh variable which
can only have very few values (e.g. utf-8 is not allowed, only
utf-8-unix) which results is much less code.