[slime-devel] launch error after CMUCL update

Jeffrey Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Fri Jul 1 02:57:58 UTC 2005

Hi;

I just upgraded CMUCL from 19a to 19b (downloaded yesterday) and now I have an intermittent problem launching slime. This is the error I get when it happens:

------------error message:

Error in function UNIX::SIGSEGV-HANDLER:  Segmentation Violation at #x100168E8.
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Skip remaining initializations.

Debug  (type H for help)

(UNIX::SIGSEGV-HANDLER #<unused-arg>
                       #<unused-arg>
                       #.(SYSTEM:INT-SAP #x3FFFCAFC))
Source: Error finding source:
Error in function LISP::%ENUMERATE-SEARCH-LIST:  Undefined search list: default
0]

-------------end of error message-----------

It happens consistently when I start up emacs/slime in several directories I've been working out of. Yet here's the funny thing: I can start it up just fine in some other directories I haven't worked in. I moved my .cmucl-init file to see if that had anything to do with it (no). I recompiled asdf and asdf-init. Now I'm out of tricks. Any ideas?

Regards,

--Jeff Cunningham
Seattle WA, USA