[slime-devel] Re: Slime with LWW and Xemacs

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jan 27 23:15:48 UTC 2005

"Marc Battyani" <marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com> writes:

>> Could also try to the variables below before starting the server?
>>
>>   (setq swank::*communication-style* nil)
>>   (setq swank::*use-dedicated-output-stream* nil)
>>   (setq swank::*log-events* t)
>
> There is some improvement!
> Now after the slime-connect, I get 3 new threads in LW: control-thread,
> reader-thread and repl-thread.
> The reader-thread is waiting for input.

Those threads must be leftovers from previous attempts.
(setq swank::*communication-style* nil) means that no threads should be
created.

With the LWL personal edition and *communication-style*=nil the server
runs in a thread named "CAPI Execution Listener 1".  It would be
interesting to see a backtrace of that thread, if possible with local
variables.

If you know how external formats work in LW, you could also check
whether the ACCEPT-CONNECTION function in the file
swank-lispworks.lisp does the Right Thing on Windows.  The stream
should use iso-latin-1 characters and Unix style LF end of line
convention.

I don't have access to a Windows machine, so I can't help much.