[slime-devel] Re: Slime with LWW and Xemacs

Luke Gorrie luke at synap.se
Thu Jan 27 07:53:36 UTC 2005

"Marc Battyani" <marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com> writes:

> After slime-connect I have this:
> (:emacs-rex
>  (swank:connection-info)
>  nil t 1)
>
> After Show REPL I have this added:
>
> (:emacs-rex
>  (swank:listener-eval "(+ 1 2)\n")
>  "COMMON-LISP-USER" :repl-thread 2)

In both cases Emacs has sent an RPC request and Lisp hasn't responded.

Can you try (setq swank::*log-events* t) in the Lisp side before doing
`slime-connect'? That way it will print protocol messages and we can
see if it's successfully READ'ing those same messages we see logged in
*slime-events*.

It would also be interesting to see a backtrace for any SLIME threads,
if that's easy to get. Edi's idea of testing in GNU Emacs would also
be good if you happen to have it handy.