[slime-devel] Re: Slime with LWW and Xemacs

Luke Gorrie luke at synap.se
Thu Jan 27 06:32:07 UTC 2005

Howdy Marc!

"Marc Battyani" <marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com> writes:

> I call my-setup-slime then slime-connect.
>
> No errors so far.
>
> Now I try "Show REPL", I get a Lisp prompt but when I try to evaluate a form I just get:
> ;pipelined request... (swank:listener-eval "(+ 1 2)
> ")

So `slime-connect' did not pop up a REPL buffer all by itself?

Sounds like something has hung while SLIME is setting up the
connection. Can you show the contents of the *slime-events* buffer
after `slime-connect'? That contains a protocol-trace.

Also, is there any error visible in the Lisp console?

NB: The "pipelined request" message is saying that SLIME sent a new
RPC while still waiting for the result of an old one.