[slime-devel] Editing old inputs

Raymond Toy rtoy at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 27 02:53:20 UTC 2005

A few days ago, Luke fixed an issue I had with editing old inputs in the
slime-repl.  The problem was that if I cut and pasted an old input (like
M-p, but manually) to the current prompt, I couldn't edit it.  The issue
was with xemacs and read-only regions or something like that.

I've updated slime now, and this is fixed.  (Thanks Luke!)  However, the
input is still bold, and when I press enter, slime appends a copy to the
prompt.  I have to press enter again to get the repl to see it.

Oh, that only happens if I press enter in the middle of the form.  If I
place the cursor at the end, slime sends the form off with no duplicates
displayed and no second enter needed.

Just a note to point out the issue.  :-) It works well enough not to
bother me too much since I couldn't even edit it before.  Especially
annoying when you cut and paste the function into a file and can't edit
it. :-(

Ray