[slime-devel] Slime (CVS) stopped working with (CVS) Emacs

R. Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Mon Jan 10 15:30:06 UTC 2005

Hello list,

as the subject line already says, my CVS version of slime
stopped working with my CVS version of GNU/Emacs. When i
invoke slime everything seems to run ok - slime.el gets loaded
and the lisp image starts and loads swank. The last thing that
happens is that emacs reports the following:

  ;; Swank started at port: 35154.
  ; Adding fd handler: 5

Inspecting the open network connections and processes reveals that
a lisp image _is_ in fact running and a network connection is open
between the image and emacs. But unfortunately when i try to
switch to the slime repl emacs reports a 'Not connected'.

This happens both with sbcl-0.18 and OpenMCL-0.14.2p.
My emacs version is:

 GNU Emacs 21.3.50.38 (powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.4.10)
 of 2004-12-29 on hobbes

 Any ideas? I did remove all fasl files.

 TIA Ralf Mattes