[slime-devel] Problems with lambda-gtk + slime on windows/clisp

Brian Mastenbrook brian at mastenbrook.net
Wed Dec 28 02:39:26 UTC 2005

On Dec 27, 2005, at 7:45 PM, Ignas Mikalajunas wrote:

>   Hi, what can i do to avoid emacs/slime freezing when running simple
> GTK examples on clisp ? I can run hello-world on a stand-alone clisp,
> yet whenever i am evaluating the function in emacs - slime just stops
> responding ... (no errors can be seen anywhere).
>   I have tried fiddling with communication styles, yet non except
> "nil" were accepted. Maybe anyone had simmilar problems with
> SDL/LTK/wxCL?
>    Ignas Mikalajunas

clisp can't respond to SLIME requests while the GTK event loop is
running, since clisp doesn't support threads. Perhaps it's possible
to figure out how to use the GTK event loop to check for events on
the SLIME socket, and then forward those events to SLIME.

--
Brian Mastenbrook
brian at mastenbrook.net
http://brian.mastenbrook.net/