[slime-devel] slime-display-edit-hilights

Alain.Picard at memetrics.com Alain.Picard at memetrics.com
Mon Dec 19 05:42:31 UTC 2005

Marco Baringer writes:

 > for those of you who don't follow c.l.l (which is probaly a good idea)
 > i commited William Bland's patch[1]. see the ChangeLog for details.

Yeah, that's pretty cool, but there are two major annoyances with it:
 * It tries to do it's thing even in the REPL.
   This seems insane; you only want to do this in source files, IMHO

 * It incessantly nags you by displaying "Setting up face"
   in the echo area.  If I've turned on this feature, I can
   SEE that it's highlighting, I don't really need it to TELL
   me as well.  ;-)

 * the default color of the overlay, "yellow", is pretty awful
   on a "dark" background (I use color-mode-robin-hood, if you
   want to see what that's like).  I notice that both dark and
   light are currently set to yellow, so maybe you guys just haven't
   made up your mind yet.  I set the face of SLIME-DISPLAY-EDIT-FACE
   to "sienna", in my setup.  YMMV.

 * If you can detect that the minor mode highlight-changes-mode
   is active, you might be better off simply using the faces
   used therein; (which are highlight-changes-1 highlight-changes-2 etc.)

Great work, guys!

			--ap