[slime-devel] a different sbcl/slime problem (using recent versions)

rif rif at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 16 20:48:03 UTC 2005

Hi.

I've downloaded sbcl 0.9.7 and the CVS version of slime (on 15
December 2005), and I can't seem to get it to work.  It looks like
everything's compiling OK, and then eventually, I get a message (in
the *inferior lisp* buffer) like

* ;; Swank started at port: 33165.

NIL
*

and about 2/3 second later, I get

Process inferior-lisp hangup

and at the bottom, the messsage

"Lisp connection closed unexpectedly: exited abnormally with code 256."

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?  (I got the exact same
error with the debian testing versions of sbcl and slime, so I tried
installing the newest (I removed and dpkg --purge'd the debian
packages) versions, but that didn't help.

Cheers,

rif