[slime-devel] Has anyone thought about implementing this?

Fred Gilham gilham at csl.sri.com
Fri Dec 2 21:11:54 UTC 2005

It seems to me that the ability to bring up new frames that act as
typeout windows for the various standard streams would be useful.  That
is, it would be nice to be able to bring up a frame where all the stuff
from the *debug-output* or *error-output* stream was sent.  It might
even be nice to be able to bring up a frame that manages *query-io* so
that it doesn't get mixed in with the REPL.

Has anyone thought of doing this?  Would it be hard to do if someone
wanted to try it as a first slime implementation project?

Or is it already done as an undocumented feature?

Fred Gilham                                         gilham at csl.sri.com
I'm skeptical about attempts to proclaim hell to people that don't
already have the taste of it in their mouths.  Hell as the ultimate
loss of relationship, of health, of even sanity, makes sense to
someone who already sees the beginnings of that process taking hold in
his own life.  Hell as an imaginary place that is like being sent to
your room for a long, long time, with the heat turned up really high,
doesn't make sense.