[slime-devel] [patch] closing connections with :fd-handler style

Stephen Compall s11 at member.fsf.org
Thu Dec 1 23:02:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 09:26 +0000, Alexis Rondeau wrote:

> Thank you for the patch, but still I get a new kind of error from sbcl
> which brings me in the same situation.

This patch affects only code used by :sigio and :fd-handler
communication styles, not code used in the :spawn style.  If you'd like
to try the patch, please pass `:style :fd-handler' to create-server,
which is the default on SBCL when threads are not available, or set
*communication-style* to :fd-handler before creating a server.

> Again, I can connect but on M-x slime-disconnect in emacs this happens
> now
>
> * (swank:create-server :port 4005 :dont-close t)
> ;; Swank started at port: 4005.
>
> 4005
> * ;; Connection to Emacs lost.
> ;; [end of file on #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "a constant
> string" {985B171}>]
>
> debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR in thread #<THREAD
> "auto-flush-thread" {9987D91}>:
>   #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "a constant string" {985D5F1}> is closed.

I am not experienced with SBCL, but the :spawn-style-related code seems
to close the connections correctly.  I am not sure how the
"auto-flush-thread" is operating, but would be slow to blame it before
something in the :spawn code.

--
Stephen Compall
http://scompall.nocandysoftware.com/blog