[slime-devel] SLIME compilation abort with CMUCL Snapshot 2005-09 under Linux

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Tue Aug 30 13:38:21 UTC 2005

Paolo Amoroso <amoroso at mclink.it> writes:

> I have tried running SLIME (latest CVS sources) with CMUCL Snapshot
> 2005-09 (19B) under Slackware Linux 10.0 with GNU Emacs 21.3.2.  when
> I issue the 'M-x slime' command after removing all fasl files in
> ~/.slime, I get the build error shown in the included transcript.
> CMUCL Snapshot 2005-08 works fine with the same SLIME sources, so the
> problem may be CMUCL related.
[...]
> Warning:  Change in instance length of class PRETTY-PRINT:PRETTY-STREAM:
>   current length: 25
>   compile time length: 23
>

> Error in function KERNEL:FIND-LAYOUT:
>   time definition was incompatible with the current one.
>    [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Never mind, I have solved the problem.

Before building SLIME with CMUCL Snapshot 2005-09, I removed the file
slime/present.x86f compiled with CMUCL Snapshot 2005-08.  I also found
an old slime/swank-loader.x86f file, which I also removed.  I had
forgotten that not all SLIME-related fasl files are under
~/.slime/fasl/.

I also use a CMUCL image with McCLIM.  In order to make it work with
SLIME and CMUCL Snapshot 2005-09, I had to recompile McCLIM with CMUCL
Snapshot 2005-09.  Otherwise, I got a similar error with the
slime/present.lisp file.

Paolo
--
Lisp Propulsion Laboratory log - http://www.paoloamoroso.it/log