[slime-devel] loading foreign libraries at startup under CMUCL

rif rif at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 5 13:58:38 UTC 2005

Hi.

I'm using CVS slime from yesterday, and the CMUCL 19b release on x86.
I have a collection of libraries I load at startup.  One of these
involves loading a C .o file (to get some C functions).

If my .cmucl-init file loads everything explicitly, it works fine.
I've never had any luck making a core file that includes foreign
libraries (is this even possible?), so I made a core that loads all
the asdf systems except the one that contains the foreign libraries
(and also commented out all the earlier parts of the .cmucl-init
file).  If I do this, everything's fine if I start cmucl from the
command-line, but if I start it in slime, it appears to hang loading
the foreign library: it prints ";;; Running /usr/bin/ld..." and then
hangs indefinitely.  This seems to be happening even with the
communication style set to :fd-handler (my naive first line of defense
against SLIME issues).

Any ideas about this?

rif