[slime-devel] Slime ported to ECL

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Wed Aug 3 09:59:09 UTC 2005

I have committed a new file (swank-ecl.lisp) and a couple of fixes in
swank-loader.lisp so that slime works with the lisp implementation ECL

I did not have much time to work on this port, and the loader
(swank-ecl.lisp) is basically the one I already submitted to this list
long ago. I only included some changes contributed by a member of the
ECL mailing list (Johan Bockgård,) and which were available at

These changes forces swank to be loaded in the interpreter, as the ECL
compiler is not mature enough and crashes with some of the toplevel
forms in slime.

I did not do any extensive checking, but simple things seem to work. If
only, I realized that many error messages in ECL are not very useful :-)