[slime-devel] Stepping in SBCL

Svein Ove Aas sveina at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 22:35:55 UTC 2005

As you may have noticed, single-stepping using the step macro doesn't
work with SBCL. [1]
After some poking around, I figured out that the cause is a missing
handler-bind, and is appaarently easily fixable - just insert the
following code.

(handler-bind ((sb-impl::step-condition #'sb-impl::invoke-stepper))
   <code leading to a (step) form>)

My problem is that I can't decide where to put it. The call stack for
code run in the REPL seems to only include functions defined in
swank.lisp, which is presumably the wrong place to put
implementation-dependent code. What should I do?