[slime-devel] Re: Slime and :sb-futex on recent CVS SBCLs

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 19 11:30:02 UTC 2005

Andreas Fuchs <asf at boinkor.net> writes:

> I'm not entirely sure which of SBCL or SLIME needs to be fixed. Either
> SBCL should start including :sb-futex on its *feature* list again (or
> some other feature saying that threads are non-broken on this lisp
> build), or SLIME should stop checking for :sb-futex (which will break
> on SBCLs older than 0.8.21).

If it's possible given the time constraints and cvs tagging activity,
I'd be happy if the preferred-communication-style checked only
:sb-thread, and if the slime release notes for 1.2 required an sbcl of
0.8.21 or later.

Would that be OK with you guys?  Sorry for the eleventh-hour (or even
later) change request...

Cheers,

Christophe