[slime-devel] Re: [slime-cvs] CVS update: slime/doc/slime.texi

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Thu Apr 7 08:40:14 UTC 2005

Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:

>> If the Emacs guys are too slow for our taste
>
> Are you kidding?

Well, I don't know how long it takes to get a small change (less than
20 lines) into CVS Emacs.  It definitely takes ages until you can
convince them to change some C code.  It took two months before my
server socket changes showed up in CVS.  I also had to sign papers.
Small changes don't need papers and can probably integrated a lot
faster.

But I think it would be better to keep the indentation code in Emacs
than to make a fork.