[slime-devel] Error loading slime - can't find easy-mode

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Sep 30 07:02:07 UTC 2004

Dennis Dunn <dennis.dunn at acm.org> writes:

> Is there someplace where I can download the needed files or should I
> just can cygwin and use the native clisp/xemacs programs?

The macro define-minor-mode was renamed as
easy-mmode-define-minor-mode in newer Emacsen.  For compatibility with
older versions, we define an alias if define-minor-mode is not fbound.
All in all quite a complicated situation: it's a macro, it is usually
autoloaded, it's sometimes an alias, and we also need to load it at
compile time.  Plenty of room to make a mistake :-).  There seem to be
all kinds of funny problems with this in XEmacs, but I don't
understand the problem exactly and neither the fixes people have
proposed so far.

Anyway the XEmacs file can be found at

http://cvs.xemacs.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/XEmacs/packages/xemacs-packages/xemacs-base/easy-mmode.el?rev=1.7

This message may also be relevant: