[slime-devel] edit-definition of *something*

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 29 07:22:47 UTC 2004

Alan Ruttenberg <alanr-l at mumble.net> writes:

> I fixed it in my version by changing \\> to \\(\\>\\|\\s \\) but
> didn't want to put this into cvs before someone else commented. Should
> the syntax table be changed instead, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Changing the regexps looks like the right fix.  Perhaps even \\(\\>\\|\\S_\\).

Apparently there's no concise way to express "end-of-symbol" with
Emacs' regexps, but I think we shouldn't change the syntax table.
"Symbol constituent" sounds like the right character class for '*',
event though '*' is used mostly at the start or end of symbols.