[slime-devel] (no subject)

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 27 23:11:31 UTC 2004

"Pascal J.Bourguignon" <pjb at informatimago.com> writes:

> I want both the output and the result of the function to be inserted
> at the point!  How can that be done with slime?

What can I say.  This is not implemented (yet).  Would you like to
work on this?

It's slightly complicated because of the dedicated-output-stream
feature.  The output on the dedicated stream is not encoded as one of
our normal events and that means that we don't know exactly where the
output of one command starts and where it ends.  The slime-repl code
uses timers to deal with this problem, but that's really ugly.