[slime-devel] 3 todo's

Tiago Maduro-Dias tcmd at rnl.ist.utl.pt
Sat Sep 25 12:24:32 UTC 2004

Hi!

I've recently started using slime again and I was pleasantly surprised
with the obvious evolution! There were a few things that caught my eye
though:

1. In APROPOS, multi-line documentation strings don't show properly
(only the first line is shown).
2. I really miss a function which would be able to restore the previous
window state after using apropos and such. This is a bit more difficult
to specify. I was hoping for something like: "whenever a certain type
of buffer comes into play due to a function call (e.g., slime-apropos
brings up the *SLIME Apropos* buffer), the window state is saved and is
retrievable by a call to slime-recover-window-state (or something of
the sort). While such class of buffers are shown, no window state is
saved again." This is annoying because I spend some time organizing my
buffers and then a call to apropos just messes everything up.
3. I'm using Allegro CL 6.2. One thing allegro does is provide a
reference character near the place where a given error/warning
occurred. Isn't it possible to use this information in the compilation
notes buffer? So that one can access the place of the error via a
single click as is possible with sbcl for instance?

I hope my english was clear enough :).

Thank you for your time,

Tiago Maduro-Dias.