[slime-devel] cygwin custom hooks

Reini Urban rurban at x-ray.at
Fri Sep 17 23:35:17 UTC 2004

Maybe you want this for your docs:

To get Xemacs (native) working with cygwin clisp you'll need something
like this: (for the dummies)

cd slime
clisp swank-loader
(compiles the lisp backend)

start xemacs
Edit In File (.emacs)

add something like this to your end:
;; SLIME
(if (eq system-type 'windows-nt)
   (add-to-list 'load-path
     (concat invocation-directory "..\\..\\site-packages\\lisp\\slime"))
   (add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/xemacs/site-packages/lisp/slime"))
(require 'easy-mmode)
(defalias 'define-minor-mode 'easy-mmode-define-minor-mode)
(if (require 'slime)
     (slime-setup))
(if (eq system-type 'windows-nt)
   (setq inferior-lisp-program "n:/bin/clisp.exe")
   (setq inferior-lisp-program "/usr/local/bin/clisp-base"))
(defun myslime-cygwin-filename (filename)
   (if (eq system-type 'windows-nt) ; and lisp is cygwin
       (replace-in-string filename "\\\\" "/") filename))

M-x customize slime
Open [Lisp]
Change Translate To Lisp Filename Function: identity to
myslime-cygwin-filename
Same with Translate From Lisp Filename Function:
[Save]

M-x slime

This will work with any windows and unix lisp, just add custom logic for
different paths. You might want to use different conversion functions
for from-lisp and to-lisp on unusual path mappings.

PS: What I don't like is that inferior-lisp-program must be an EXE,
bash scripts are not enough. Or am I wrong?
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/