[slime-devel] Re: [OT] Dead keys on Wintendo (Was: the slime inspector)

Peter Van Eynde gmane-lisp-slime-devel at pvaneynd.mailworks.org
Tue Sep 14 13:40:53 UTC 2004

On 2004-09-13, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:32:30 +0200, Julian Stecklina <der_julian at web.de> wrote:
>
>> "Thomas Schilling" <tjs_ng at yahoo.de> writes:
>>
>>> since ` is quite hard to insert on german keyboards, because it
>>> waits for another char being inserted.
>>
>> You can use the "nodead" feature of your X Server. On Windows I do
>> not know how this can be accomplished. But perhaps (X)Emacs can be
>> convinced not to use x-compose?
>
> I've always hated the fact that I can't (or don't know how to) make
> the ` key a dead key on Windows. If someone here happens to know how
> to do this please go ahead...

Well. The belgian keyboard also has deadkeys, that is why I use a us
keyboard layout :-).

Seriously, M$ has a utility called " The Microsoft Keyboard Layout
Creator" (http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/msklc.mspx) that
should allow you to change your keyboard at will. I would:

- change control/caplock round
- change [] with ()

to start off with...

Groetjes, Peter