[slime-devel] SBCL, multiple (zombie?) processes problems

rif rif at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 14 15:13:00 UTC 2004

> rif <rif at MIT.EDU> writes:
>
> > Well, on the working machine there was a .swank.lisp explicitly
> > setting the communication style to :fd-handler, which I believe is the
> > default; both machines were using :fd-handler.
>
> On SBCL with #+(and SB-THREAD SB-FUTEX) the default is actually :SPAWN.

You're absolutely right.  My mistake.  Thanks so much for your
patience.

So I guess :spawn is somewhat problematic on SBCL.  I can live with
that, since I think I need :fd-handler anyways for my other software
that tries to mess with interrupts.

Cheers,

rif