[slime-devel] OS X & Carbon Emacs

Thomas Schilling tjs_ng at yahoo.de
Thu Oct 28 23:18:37 UTC 2004

David Steuber wrote:
>> (define-key slime-mode-map [tab] 'slime-indent-and-complete-symbol)
>>
>> Though that may cause some unwanted effects in some situations. But
>> decide for yourself.
>
> A one key stroke solution sounds nice.  You have to hit the tab twice to
> get the list of completions, right?  At least that's how it works in the
> repl and in bash.

Well, actually I only have to press it once, same in REPL. Even in my
cygwin bash. But as you see I'm using windoze+XEmacs so possibly this has
something to do with (your) OS X (configuration). Though pressing the same
key twice isn't a problem, either (I think).

The only problem is that since TAB is used for indenting and completing
code there may be ambiguities. Some are resolved nicely by choosing indent
when in doubt. The other one, though is not so nice-it completes `no'
symbols meaning that it lists _all_ symbols, which may be quite slow and
annoying. But this is the only problem I noticed and it happens not that
often for me, so I can live with it.

-ts