[slime-devel] Re: Confused Meta-Point

Luke Gorrie luke at synap.se
Wed Oct 20 14:58:43 UTC 2004

d95-bli at nada.kth.se (Björn Lindberg) writes:

> I wonder if there is some way to reset the information that MP uses to
> find definitions. Right now, I have a running image with a file which
> I have done a lot of editing on, and although MP happily finds
> definitions, it finds completely wrong ones.

Which Lisp?

CMUCL and SBCL use source-paths to find sources, but they can become
stale if the file has been edited since compilation. The CMUCL backend
does some special caching to reduce the number of bad cases (possibly
introducing some other ones of course..)

If you do `C-c C-k' to recompile the file then the source locations
should become properly synchronized. With CMUCL this updates the cache
and finding definitions should continue to work even after heavily
hacking the source file.