[slime-devel] Re: Macro indentation redux

Thomas Schilling tjs_ng at yahoo.de
Mon Oct 18 21:04:23 UTC 2004

Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:

> In other words, I'm much more interested in having an indentation mode
> that I can a) understand, b) extend/customize with Common Lisp code
> rather than more crufty elisp than I am in fixing emacs out-of-the box
> indentation. But that's just me and until I have time to actually cut
> code I'm just babbling.

I second this.

I'd also like to get the possibility to write custom formatting rules for
one's own macros. And having a decently indented loop macro would be a big
improvement. Also marco's inspector code has shown that a decent working
and resonably powerful interface is possible. Though, how to define
indentation rules (best) is still an open question, I guess. But it would
really be worthwhile.

--
      ,,
     \../   /  <<< The LISP Effect