[slime-devel] Re: slime-inferior-process?

Raymond Wiker Raymond.Wiker at fast.no
Thu Oct 14 11:24:15 UTC 2004

Raymond Wiker writes:
 >         I'm having some trouble byte-compiling slime.el v 1.408. The
 > compielr fails because there is no (setf slime-inferior-process)
 > defined. In fact, looking at the code, there seems to be some
 > confusion as to whether slime-inferior-process is a simple variable, a
 > pair of functions for associating a process id with a network
 > connection, or even a member of a class or struct.

        Hmmm.... this seems to happen because slime-inferior-process
is defined via slime-def-connection-var somewhere after the first
reference to it. Reordering these will probably solve the problem; I
was able to compile the file by evaluating (defmacro
slime-def-connection-var ...) and (slime-def-connection-var
slime-inferior-process ...) before calling byte-recompile-directory.

        For reference:

        slime-def-connection-var is defined on line 1687;
        slime-inferior-process is defined on line 1754;
        slime-inferior-process is referenced on line 1341 and 1380
           (i.e, before the definition)