[slime-devel] FreeBSD+sbcl: sldb fails to pop up

Brian Mastenbrook bmastenb at cs.indiana.edu
Sun Oct 10 17:51:03 UTC 2004

On Oct 10, 2004, at 11:49 AM, Ari Johnson wrote:

> I'm running FreeBSD 5.2.1 and sbcl 0.8.12, using GNU Emacs 21.3.  The
> sldb debugger fails to pop up when an error occurs, and instead I have
> to interact with the sbcl debugger in the REPL buffer.  Am I missing a
> prerequisite somewhere?  I threw slime in
> /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/slime and it loads fine.  The
> pertinent part of my .emacs follows, and I then do M-x slime to start
> it up.  Thanks to anyone who can help me out on this.

Hi Ari,

I think the issue is that the SBCL you're running is too old for recent
versions of SLIME. The most recent SBCL binary on http://www.sbcl.org/
is 0.8.14 (paging antifuchs!); try downloading and using this.

I'm guessing your SLIME compile never actually finished, and that's why
not everything works right.

Brian
--
Brian Mastenbrook