[slime-devel] pid

Andras Simon andras at renyi.hu
Sat Oct 2 17:18:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Helmut Eller wrote:

> There's also the possibility that we have multiple connections, each
> with a different *inferior-lisp*<n> buffer and we have no nice way
> to find out which of those *inferior-lisp* buffers belongs to which
> Lisp connection.

Looks like there's something wrong with multiple connections anyway.
slime-goto-connection and ,restart-inferior-lisp don't seem to work.

> I see; that's a problem.  Perhaps we should make slime-process a per
> connection variable and initialize it at startup, i.e. when SLIME is
> started with M-x slime.

One problem I see with this (and I may very well be wrong about it) is that in
that case slime-process must not only be set at startup, but kept
up-to-date. E.g. if a lisp dies, the corresponding slime-process should be set
to nil.

Also, is there any way to set it at startup other then by calling
inferior-lisp-proc, say, in slime-start-lisp?

Andras