[slime-devel] SLIME starts with two windows

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Oct 1 13:12:43 UTC 2004

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 14:20:26 +0200, Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> This was an oversight.  Should be fixed now.
> Thanks for reporting it.

But now, the first time I start SLIME in a new Emacs session I don't
see the "encouraging startup message" anymore. It's buried in the
*Messages* buffer - I see "Loading animate...done" instead.

>From looking at the source it seems as if the animation is actually
invoked before the startup message is written so I guess the culprit
is the autoloading of animate.

For me it helps if I just add something like

  (if fboundp 'animate-string
    (load-library "animate"))

towards the end of slime.el.

Cheers,
Edi.

PS: Yes, this is an important feature. Tomorrow I'm going to demo
    SLIME to a friend and this was the first thing I wanted to show
    him... :)