[slime-devel] Re: Error loading slime - can't find easy-mode

Dennis Dunn dennis.dunn at acm.org
Fri Oct 1 03:12:55 UTC 2004

Thank you very much for your help and the pointers.  I downloaded the
file, compiled and loaded it and xemacs promptly reported "Unable to
find file inf-lisp".  OK, fine.  Googled for inf-lisp.el and found it in
the emacs cvs.  Downloaded, compiled, and loaded - got "Unable to find
file comint".  ???

At this point I got the feeling that I was missing something
mind-booglingly important.  Sort of like when Aurther Dent talks to Ford
Prefect.....

I went back to the cygwin setup program and noticed that I hadn't
installed a package called "xemacs-sumo: Xemacs standard packages".

When I installed that package I was able to (require 'slime).  Slime
compiled all of its little bits with some complaining but it didn't die
so I count myself lucky.

Thanks again,
--dennis