[slime-devel] Re: sbcl sources

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Mon May 24 20:02:03 UTC 2004

Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

> (I should say that at present I don't use slime in sbcl development,
> but I'd like to: if this gets us closer to the ability for me to type
> C-c C-c in an sbcl source file and have it at least attempt to work,
> count me in :-)

I had a brief play this afternoon: loading src/cold/chill.lisp from an
sbcl tree, and defining translations for "SYS", is sufficient for
interactive development with sbcl.  Without chill.lisp, indeed, there
are reader errors and package errors aplenty: some thought probably
needs to be spent if we want this to work 'out of the box', without
the user needing to load chill.lisp.

Cheers,

Christophe

[ I have another plan brewing for neat SLIME stuff: more later when my
  experimental sbcl has built. ]