[slime-devel] CMUCL: code-locations, source-locations, xref-contexts

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Fri May 21 08:39:16 UTC 2004

Ahoy,

Personally I'm finding the source-file cache really helpful when doing
M-. with modified buffers, but it only works for some types of
location.

The `code-location' we get from function objects contains the mtime of
the source file at the time of compilation, which we can check against
the file and the cache. But `source-locations' that we get for classes
from PCL and `xref-contexts' don't have this timestamp.

What to do? I'm tempted to try hacking CMUCL to include mtime in the
other locations too, but I'm not 100% certain that the caching
approach is right. Any opinions?

-Luke