[slime-devel] cmucl/multiprocessing

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Wed May 12 14:36:19 UTC 2004

Gabor Melis <gabor.melis at essnet.se> writes:

> Hmm. Setting swank:*communication-style* to :spawn seems to work.

In this configuration, the debugger is executed in the correct thread,
and the frame-pointer should point to the correct stack.  But be
warned, CMUCL's multithreading is non-preemptive, and interrupting
will not work if a thread is busy executing an endless loop.

> I thought
> that slime-multiprocessing implies :spawn but looking at the code I can see
> that's not the case.

That's true.  Not sure if it should, because that would override any
setting in the .swank.lisp file.  What do you think?