[slime-devel] cmucl/multiprocessing

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Tue May 11 21:11:22 UTC 2004

Gabor Melis <mega at hotpop.com> writes:

> It works. Thanks for the answer.
>
> Speaking of *inferior-lisp*, there is one more thing. AServe can be told to
> enter the debugger when a worker thread encounters an error. In this case
> under CMUCL the debugger appears in the *inferior-lisp* buffer.

You can try to set *debug-hook* to 'swank:swank-debugger-hook.  This
installs our debugger globally.  This must be done in the
*inferior-lisp* buffer, because the *debug-hook* is dynamically bound
in the SLIME REPL.

[snip]
> Now, lets wait for '1', type 't', wait for '2' to appear and then press enter:
>
>   CL-USER> (long-running-printer)
>   01t2<enter>
>   Error: the variable T2 is unbound.

This is a bit difficult to fix properly and I don't have enough
motivation to do that at the moment.