[slime-devel] Problems with Slime with CLISP on Linux

Barry Fishman barry_fishman at att.net
Thu May 6 21:53:24 UTC 2004

I have problems running Slime with the CVS version of CLISP on Linux.
They are due to the unusual behavior of CLISP to *print-readably*.
For example:

* (let ((*print-readably* t)) (prin1 '#'+))
#'|COMMON-LISP|::|+|
#'+

This I assume is tecnically correct but a bit overkill.

If set *print-readably* nil, as in the attached patch, things seem to
work, although I suspect there may be problems with an expression I
haven't tried.

Has nobody else seen these problems?