[slime-devel] charset problem with clisp

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Sun May 2 19:51:56 UTC 2004

"Alex Mizrahi" <killerstorm at newmail.ru> writes:

> i don't know - maybe it's a bug in clisp and has nothing to do with slime..
> i cannot understand what happens - i thought that they communicate with
> plain octet-stream and only interpretation of some values got changed..

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to deal with charset problems.  Heck,
I don't even know how create a buffer with charset:windows-1251.

Here some hints if you want do debug this:

SLIME uses (restricted) s-expressions to communicate with Lisp.  The
sexps are PRINTed/READ to transmit them.

The functions to fix are probably slime-prin1-to-string or
slime-net-send.  It could be enough to convert the string with
encode-coding-string before sending.

It's probably good to set swank::*log-events* to true and/or use
ethereal.