[slime-devel] swank:slime-debugger-function ?

Pierre-François Gomez pierre-francois.gomez at NOSPAM-laposte.net
Sat May 1 14:55:52 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm a CL newbie (though reading cll for several months) and i'm trying
to write an application based on araneida, and ... using slime :)

I'm using a threaded http listener instance (from araneida), and i'd
like to be able to get to the repl of a (background) thread when a url
handler fails.

In the "troubleshooting" section of araneida documentation, there is an
indication explaining how to that with slime :

(setf *restart-on-handler-errors* (swank:slime-debugger-function))

but swank:slime-debugger-function doesn't seem to exist.

After some googling, i found several mails from D.Barlow on this list
archives describing that, with the further indication that this has to
be written from the *slime-repl* buffer for all the threads to know
about that (or so i understood, anyway :) ). It didn't work either.

I insisted a bit and grep'ed my HEAD working copy of slime (updated
today). While i actually read about slime-debugger-function being added
(see Changelog line "2003-11-29  Daniel Barlow  <dan at telent.net>"), i
can't find it in the source. :-(

Has it been replaced by something else ?

I'm using :
- slime HEAD (updated today)
- sbcl 0.8.10
- linux 2.6.4 (with Con Kolivas patches)

Thanks for your help
--
Pierre-François Gomez                                 GnuPG: 0xA38AE42C